Final Paper Instructions
All authors who have been accepted must register for the symposium and attend the symposium to present their paper. Authors who do not attend the symposium to present their papers, or arrange for a co-author or knowledgeable colleague to present their paper in the absence of the primary author, will not have their paper published in the IEEE IEL and IEEE Xplore, per IEEE policy.
IEEE reserves the right to exclude a submission from distribution after the symposium, including exclusion from IEEE Xplore, if the submission does not meet IEEE standards for scope and/or quality. Articles excluded from further distribution shall be archived by IEEE but shall not be indexed or appear on IEEE Xplore.
Prepare the final version of the final manuscript using the paper templates linked below.
Remember, the final manuscript CANNOT EXCEED 8 PAGES. NO EXCEPTION IS ALLOWED.
You MUST register for the symposium before uploading your final paper. Papers will be included in the proceedings only if at least one author has registered and paid the registration fee by May 17, 2019.
One full IEEE member or non-member registration (student registrations do not apply for this) covers only one (1) paper. To guarantee inclusion in the proceedings of more than one (1) paper, the author must pay a $100 USD surcharge for each paper in excess. If you need to register by bank transfer, please contact Laura LeBlanc, ROSE 2019 Administrator.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
Final Manuscript Production
An electronic version of the final manuscript must be generated for the symposium proceedings.
From the final manuscript formatted as instructed above, authors must generate the electronic version in PDF format. Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper MUST be transformed into the PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress web tool. PDF files generated by means of other tools are NOT acceptable.
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
- Use Conference ID: 45406x
Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account at: http://www.pdf-express.org
- Upload the source file (containing your paper) for conversion.
- Receive by email the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your final manuscript.
- Once you receive your Xplore compatible PDF, log in at http://edas.info
- Fill in and sign the IEEE Copyright Transfer form.
- Please note that the IEEE is enforcing strict copyright rules. For your convenience, the copyright form is made available electronically through EDAS. To access the copyright form, click on the 'My Papers' tab and then click on the copyright icon under the copyright column (second column from the right). Authors who are not authorized to sign a copyright transfer form, should download the paper version of a copyright transfer form, fill it in, and ask an authorized person to sign it. Then, send the completed form to the ROSE 2019 Administrator by fax: +1 (352) 872 5545.
- NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE SUBMITTED COPYRIGHT FORM
Upload your paper to EDAS:
- Click the My Papers tab. Click the upload icon (third column from the right) and a dialog box will open that will enable you to select and upload your paper via the web or via FTP.
Prepare the presenter's biography form:
- Please declare who will be presenting the paper at the symposium on EDAS. To do this, click the 'My Papers' tab, click on your paper title, and then click the Change/Add icon in the Presenter row. Indicate who will present the paper and click Choose presenter.
- Presenters must fill out a short bio (50 word maximum) on EDAS by going to the ‘My Profile’ tab and filling in the information in the ‘Brief bio’ field. Information in this form will be used by the session chairperson to introduce the presenter.
*The electronic version of the final manuscript, the presenter's biography form, and the copyright form must be submitted through EDAS by May 15, 2019
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE FOR WEB AND INTERNET POSTING
If authors wish to post their papers electronically on any web site, any ftp site, or any other electronic dissemination technique, they must include the IEEE Copyright notice on the initial screen displaying the IEEE-copyrighted material.