Ottawa is easily accessible by road, train and flight. The University of Ottawa campus is located at exit 118 of highway 417. The VIA Rail train station is located just a few kilometers from the main campus and transit between the train station (station TRAIN) and the University of Ottawa (station CAMPUS) is easy with OC Transpo buses or taxis. Also, Ottawa has a large international airport that provides numerous domestic and international flights daily. Most major international destinations are connected through Toronto Pearson airport or Montreal Trudeau airport. Transit between the airport (station AIRPORT) and the University of Ottawa (station CAMPUS) is about 20 km and is also possible with OC Transpo buses or taxis.
A public parking is located at 55 Laurier (under the Demarais building).
Being located in downtown Ottawa, the University of Ottawa main campus (UO) is surrounded by hotels of various categories, many of them located within walking distance from the main campus. Even though we do not recommend any specific hotel, a non-exhaustive list of possible accommodations located in downtown Ottawa is provided here for visitors' convenience. Please inquire directly to the hotels for information and reservation.
UO – Demarais Building (55 Laurier Ave E.)
- Capital Hill Hotel & Suites (88 Albert St.)
- Cartier Place Suite Hotel (180 Cooper St.)
- Days Inn Ottawa Downtown (319 Rideau St.)
- Embassy Hotel & Suites (25 Cartier St.)
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier (1 Rideau St.)
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Downtown Ottawa (111 Cooper St.)
- Les Suites Hotel (130 Besserer St.)
- Lord Elgin Hotel (100 Elgin St.)
- Novotel Ottawa (33 Nicholas St.)
- Ottawa Inns List (Bed & Breakfast - various locations)
- Quality Hotel Ottawa Downtown (290 Rideau St.)
- Westin Ottawa (11 Colonel By Drive)